When Obama stopped in at Master Lock in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, last week, he was walking the plant and stopped to talk with a plant employee and looked up at the banner hanging on the wall and said to the worker and people around him, “It is great to be in a union shop, especially one as old as this union is,” and pointed to the banner. He then said, “A union shop since 1848,” and then he went on to talk about on what that banner stood for and how important it was to display it and show your union support.
An employee, afterwards, told Obama that it was the flag of the State of Wisconsin, which was founded in 1848.
This was only reported by a local radio station in Milwaukee (1130AM) and not by the major news networks.Imagine what the press would have done if Bush or Sarah Palin had made such a blunder.
- pittisit18 likes this
- comradeomega reblogged this from leftybegone
- fuck-mah-url reblogged this from leftybegone
- audreybynature likes this
- rainiidaythoughts reblogged this from robert-cabot-lodge
- scottspenseive reblogged this from life-gift-love-eternal
- scottspenseive likes this
- keep-it-simple-keep-it-shady likes this
- idontmakemonkeys likes this
- moneyissues likes this
- robynskii likes this
- willful1 likes this
- xion1212 reblogged this from leftybegone
- the-auteur likes this
- shushschool likes this
- robert-cabot-lodge reblogged this from leftybegone and added:
- life-gift-love-eternal reblogged this from leftybegone
- leftybegone posted this